As life-changing as it can be, traditional face-to-face counselling and psychotherapy just may not be an option for you. You may be housebound by reason of caring responsibilities, illness, disability, anxiety or abuse. You may just be fantastically busy, or on the move and not physically available to attend a traditional session.
Whatever the reason, if you’re looking for help with problems in your life, but can’t visit a counsellor locally, online and telephone counselling was made for you! It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, it doesn’t matter what physical, emotional or psychological difficulties you face when it comes to participating in an event outside your home, it doesn’t matter how little time you have: there’s an option available for you, whether it’s via email, telephone, or a live counselling session via the internet using audio, video or text.
Right, so you’ve established that online or telephone counselling might be an option for you, but how do you go about choosing someone? There are thousands of individuals and organisations offering counselling and coaching online, but are they all the same?
We think not – here’s how our service distinguishes itself from the others:
15 Good Reasons For Choosing The Therapy Hour
- We recognise that everyone is different, and has different needs at different times. We offer counselling and coaching in a wide range of different settings – email, telephone, audio, video or text live sessions. You can choose to conduct your sessions in just one medium or a mixture.
- Our team of counsellors, coaches and psychotherapists come from a variety of disciplines, from Transactional Analysis, Existential Therapy, and CBT, to Psychodynamic Counselling, Gestalt and Systemic Therapy, so if you’re looking for a particular style of counselling, you’re sure to find it at The Therapy Hour.
- You can pre-book sessions with your counsellor/therapist of choice.
- We are able to provide couple or small group counselling via online conferencing.
- We offer a free initial email exchange to discuss the service you want in detail.
- We conduct a free and thorough pre-counselling assessment service to ensure that we are able to meet your needs adequately – if we cannot, we will advise you how best to get those needs met elsewhere.
- We shape our service around you – for live audio, video and text sessions, we work in the messenger program you’re most comfortable with rather than forcing you into the unfamiliar territory of a dedicated program.
- We ensure that you are comfortable with the technical and procedural aspects of the online counselling process before we start working together formally.
- You are able to contact your counsellor directly about administrative matters – you will never have to deal with a receptionist, or have someone “pass on your message”.
- We are small enough to be able to provide a personalized service without the irritation of call centres and reception staff, yet large enough to be able to offer you the service you want, when you want it.
- As a small organisation, our low overhead costs enable us to offer online counselling and coaching at very competitive rates, including substantial discounts for block bookings.
- All our counsellors and therapists are fully trained and accredited within the UK, have professional indemnity insurance and Enhanced Disclosure with the Criminal Records Bureau within the UK. All are subject to continuing professional development and regular clinical supervision.
- We take your privacy very seriously – strict protocols are followed for the management of your data. We encourage you to take steps to ensure that your communications with us are both private and encrypted.
Now that you know a little bit about us…